Saturday, August 7, 2010

Party Time!

"Zip it! Zip it!" She screamed over and over again.
Bye-bye sandcastle cake

Blowing out their candles


Reese kept saying, "I want Happy Birthday, peese! Peeeeeeeeesseeee!" when she saw the cake.



We had a combined b-day party for the girls. We invited a few friends over to swim and eat cake. It was a lot of fun. Reese is swimming well now...she won't do it in front of anyone so you will have to just take my word fo it. She will only tread water if in the spotlight. Presley is fearless in the water and will jump in without any warning. The girls are doing great and I can't believe I have 2 "toddlers" They are so grown up. Reese is now potty-trained...it took her just doing it on her own terms. As soon as I quit bugging her about it, she went. It just "clicked" this week. (Of course, it could also be her newfound love of "chocolate" that did the trick). Presley pees on the potty, and on the floor and wherever she feels like it...Here are some pics of her squeezing herself in a 3 month outfit. Someone returned a bag of baby clothes they had borrowed and Presley found them. Many of you know about her obsession with babies. She was insistent about fitting into the itty-bitty sizes. I know how frustrating that can be, Presley. Brian and I are doing well. He is doing great with his own business and new stake Young Men calling. I am just doing whatever...We had a great trip to California. Had sooooo much fun at cousins week. This time the theme was "work hard" and "Never give up". "Things turn out the best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out"...my new matra. We spent a week at Carpinteria State Beach. The weather was awesome, the girls had a great time playing in the sand and in the freezing water. I had fun bodysurfing and kayaking and playing with all the kids. Everytime I get back from there I spend a month racking my brain on how I could possibly move there. I miss my fam, that's for sure.

No comments: