Monday, October 25, 2010

An elevator story

I have started teaching spanish at the Old Salem Montessori preschool. Reese and Presley get to come and participate, too. It ws a crazy day and somehow Presley got mixed in the shuffle with the kids going down to the carpool line and Reese ran into the doorjam and was crying...I forgot to turn off the lights in the classroom, and when I got into the lobby area a teacher asked if the little blond girl was mine. I quickly scan the area and do not see Presley anywhere. I begin to panic then I hear the screaming, "Mom-eeeeeee"!!!!!!!!!! Presley had gotten in the elevator and was on her way down by herself as I struggled to run down the stairs carrying Reese and all my stuff before presley got there. Luckily a nice lady got her out. She was crying so hard...when I finally calmed her down, she said, "mommy...I ride da' elevat-oh by se-elf. I Like it!" It was funny.

1 comment:

Mindy Latteier said...

What a scary mommy moment! I haven't visited your blog (or anyone eles's) for a bit, and it's so fun to see your girls. They are really cute together and look like they thoroughly enjoy each others company.